Asus ROG Phone 3 With Snapdragon 865+ SoC, 6,000mAh Battery Launched
Asus has just presented the third generation of the ROG Phone to the world market with great attractions for those looking for a smartphone totally dedicated to games, offering “everything you loved from previous generations” in an updated and even better package.
Bringing the new Snapdragon 865 Plus , Qualcomm’s most powerful mobile platform in the world designed for the most powerful devices of the second half of the year, Asus highlights five points that make the ROG Phone 3 a definitive gaming smartphone.
Certainly the processing power is one of them, and with the new model Asus delivers all the best it can offer so far. The ROG Phone 3 arrives on the market equipped with the aforementioned Snapdragon 865 Plus accompanied by a more powerful Adreno 650 GPU, “which can deliver up to 10% more performance.”
In addition, the company includes UFS 3.1 storage and LPDDR5 RAM , delivering the latest memory technologies so that users have the best performance on an Android smartphone.
Bike Price in Nepal 2023 (30+ Brands)
Another highlight goes to the smartphone screen. Here Asus presents a 6.59-inch AMOLED panel with support for HDR10 + and 10-bit color depth for fidelity of multimedia content playback. The ROG Phone 3 is equipped with a high update rate screen, which reaches 144 Hz with a response of just 1 ms.
The manufacturer also highlights the low latency with 270 Hz frequency for the touch response and 25 ms touch latency. The smartphone also comes with a solution via hardware to reduce blue light and Flicker Reduced certification.
In addition to the hardware and the screen, another essential point of a smartphone focused on games is its battery to spare, and here Asus implements a generous battery capacity with no less than 6,000 mAh. The company promises to have implemented “the most advanced customization options that can be found on a smartphone.”
Taking care to avoid battery degradation and overheating, the ROG Phone 3 has a load limiter and adaptive charging. Thanks to the Qualcomm chipset, the smartphone has support for Quick Charge 3.0 charging via the primary USB-C connector and even Quick Charge 4.0 via the secondary USB-C connector.
As Asus points out, the ROG Phone 3 was designed for use in landscape mode, with the smartphone lying down, since most popular games are developed in landscape mode . And that is why the device “continues to focus on offering the best gaming ergonomics with tailor-made solutions for these types of games.”
This is also exactly why the company implemented the side USB-C connector, allowing users’ hands to reach the upper and lower regions of the smartphone without having to adjust the cables.
The ROG Phone 3 keeps the dual front speakers for directional sound, four noise-canceling microphones, as well as accessories that further expand the device’s functions, this being the fifth and last point pointed out by Asus to create the definitive smartphone for games.
As in previous generations, Asus presents with ROG Phone 3 a set of optional accessories to expand the game, delivering an improved experience for those who want to invest entirely in mobile games.
- AeroActive Cooler 3: cools the surface temperature of the smartphone by up to 4º
- ROG Kunai 3: gamepad that delivers physical controls in any game
- TwinView Dock 3: adds a secondary screen to the smartphone to offer more details in games
- Mobile Desktop Dock 2: allows you to connect your smartphone to monitors and accessories
- The Professional Dock: an extension of the previous dock with even more connectivity options
- ROG Clip: adjustable arm to attach the smartphone to an Xbox, PS4 or Stadia controller
- Neon Case: stylized protective cover
- Lighting Armor Case: protective cover with RGB LED lights
The ROG Phone 3 houses dual, front-facing speakers powered by ROG GameFX for immersive and well-defined sound and Dirac HD Sound technologies to deliver “more power and less distortion”. There is also Hi-Res audio support. Additionally, the handset has quad microphones with Asus Noise Reduction technology and the new GameCool 3 system for cooling the smartphone with a 6x larger heatsink .
The ROG Phone 3 also features AirTrigger 3, invisible ultrasonic triggers on the side of the device body that allows you to create shortcuts to different games, whether for shooting, switching weapons, assistance, acceleration in racing games, etc.
Connectivity options include 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.1, GPS/ A-GPS/ NavIC, USB Type-C, and a 48-pin side port. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, magnetometer, and a proximity sensor.
ROG Phone 3: Specifications
- 6.59-inch screen with 19.5: 9 aspect ratio and Full HD + resolution (2340x1080p)
- HDR10 + certified AMOLED technology panel
- 144 Hz refresh rate and 270 Hz sample rate
- 113% coverage of the DCI-P3 Delta E color range
- Snapdragon 865 Plus platform with 5G
- Octa-core processor clocked at up to 3.1 GHz
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 8 GB and 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 128 GB and 256 GB of UFS 3.1 storage
- 24 MP front camera with Quad Bayer technology
- Three rear cameras:
- 64 MP Sony IMX686 main sensor (16 MP Quad Bayer technology)
- 13 MP sensor with 11 mm equivalent wide-angle lens
- 5 MP sensor with macro lens
- 6,000 mAh battery with 30W Quick Charge 4.0 support
- Dual-SIM connectivity with 5G / 4G / 3G / 2G via nano-SIM chip
- Main USB-C port with Quick Charge 3.0
- Customized 48-pin Type-C port with Quick Charge 4.0
- Android 10 with ROG UI interface
- Dimensions 171 x 78 x 9.85 mm
- Weight of 240 grams
In addition to the ROG Phone 3, Asus announced the ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition with slightly lower specifications, swapping the latest version of Qualcomm’s chipset for the Snapdragon 865 5G version earlier this year and reducing the RAM to 8 GB with 128 options GB and 256 GB of storage.
In China, the special edition will arrive with 12 GB of RAM. Other than that, Strix Edition continues with all the same differentials as the main version.
Pricing and availability
The Asus ROG Phone 3 price in India has been set at INR. 49,999 for the 8GB RAM + 128GB storage variant, while the 12GB RAM + 256GB storage option of the phone carries a price tag of INR. 57,999. The retail package of both models comes bundled with an Aero case, though the top-end variant also includes the AeroActive Cooler 3 accessory. Moreover, the Asus smartphone will go on sale in the Indian market through Flipkart starting August 6 at 12am IST.
- Asus ROG Phone 3 – 8 GB RAM/128 GB Storage – INR 49,999(NRs 79,999)
- Asus ROG Phone 3 – 12 GB RAM/256 GB Storage – INR 57,999(NRs 92,799)